“El mundo necesita ser descubierto”
If you’ve stumbled across my little spot on the internet, that must mean you’re interested in My Ultimate Travel Bucket List, go us!
That must mean you’re also into travel and experiences, which means you’ve come to the right place!
The world needs to be discovered. I like to travel. I like to see new places. Experience new things. There is something liberating about boarding a plane and not knowing what you’re going to find. There are always those little quirks. It’s always so exciting knowing that you’re going to discover something new.
But, I also love to know that we’re going to finally see something we’ve been waiting so long to see. I like to plan. I like to write lists. I like to have something to look forward to. When we book a trip, I list all of the things that we would like to see whilst we’re there. A simple Google Search of what we’d like to see saves us so much time. But this is going to be the ultimate list. The big experiences. A place where we can keep track of what we want to do, but also see what we have already done.
You’re going to have to stick with me on this, it’s going to get pretty long. I’m hoping that in our lifetime – all of these things get ticked off – or near enough all.
*Checks pockets and finds a hair bobble and 10 cents*
My Ultimate Travel Bucket List
I’ve put New York at the very top of my Travel Bucket List for so many reasons. It’s that American City that I’ve been desperate to visit for quite some time. I’d love to watch the ball drop on New Year’s Eve in New York, see the Statue of Liberty, watch a Broadway show, skate at Rockefeller Center, see Times Square and live out my Rachel Green dreams. Yes, that does mean finding a coffee to shop to hang out at and take a walk through Central Park with my other half.
I have this obsession with wanting to go to Scandinavia. I’m not talking about just heading over to Tromso for a couple of nights or a quick visit to Iceland. I’m talking Scandinavia. The whole lot. Ok, maybe not quite the whole lot. But, I’d love to spend some time in Scandinavia, maybe driving through. Whilst I’m there, I’d love to spend a night in an Igloo, soak in the hot springs of Reykjavik, relax in a real Finnish sauna and of course, see the Northern Lights.
I couldn’t have my Ultimate Travel Bucket List without incorporating Disney, could I? I absolutely love the whole euphoria of Disney. The fireworks, the atmosphere, the whole experience is one you never forget, no matter how many times you go. So, along with dinner at Cinderella’s Royal Table inside the Castle, having Mickey Waffles, having a character breakfast, I also want to visit every Disney Park in the World. Also, on my bucket list, is to go on a Disney Cruise.
My favourite animals. The huge gentle giants. Near the top of my bucket list is the chance to see elephants in the wild. I would also love to wash and bathe an elephant, preferably a baby one!
The whole idea of Venice is completely different to anywhere you can ever imagine in Europe. Fewer cars, canals after canals, amazing Italian food. It ticks all of my boxes. In Venice, we had an amazing time riding a gondola along the Grand Canal, taking a boat to San Giorgio, seeing Piazzo San Marco, Doge’s Palace, San Marco’s Basilica, the Bridge of Sighs and the Rialto Bridge.
Remember in Lizzie McGuire movie where she tosses a coin into the Trevi Fountain? Well, that’s at the very top of my to-do list in Rome, throw a coin into the Trevi Fountain and make a wish. I would also love to see the Colosseum. I would also love to walk to Vatican City, send a postcard from Vatican City and enter the Sistine Chapel.
For being so close to England, I’ve never ventured into Scotland. I’d love to explore Edinburgh and Glasgow. But, at the top of my Scotland experience bucket list is visiting the Fairy Pools in the Isle of Skye.
There are so many beautiful things I’d love to do should I visit Asia. I’d love to walk the Great Wall of China, eat in the underwater restaurant in the Maldives, relax in a rooftop pool in Singapore and Snorkel in the Flores.
America is so vast, yet I want to see it all. I really want to visit all 50 states. Amongst all of the amazing things to do in America, I’d love to drive down Route 66, snorkel in Hawaii, fly in a helicopter over the Grand Canyon, see the Niagra Falls, visit the John Hancock building in Chicago, see the Space Needle of Seattle and Visit Mount Rushmore. I’m also desperate to try an in-and-out burger. I have already ridden a cable car in San Francisco, visited Alcatraz, seen the Golden Gate Bridge and the Hollywood sign and visited the San Diego Zoo.
Canada always looks so gorgeous from the views of Toronto to the stunning Banff National Park. I would love to try pancakes and maple syrup in Canada, kayak at Banff National Park and visit Jasper National Park.
There are a few things in Paris that I’m still yet to see. I’ve already been to the top of the Eiffel Tower, the top of Tour Montparnasse, seen the parade on New Year’s Day along the Champs-Élysées and had macarons in Ladurée. The next visit to Paris, I’d love to have an afternoon tea in Ladurée and see the Mona Lisa.
I have seen and done so much in Spain it’s hardly believable that I’m still able to incorporate Spain to my Travel Bucket List. Yet, here I am! We’ve already seen the Sagrada Familia, visited Park Guell, entered the Royal Palace of Madrid, seen Mount Teide in Tenerife, visited the Pink Waters of Torrevieja, seen Lady Pilar in Zaragoza, visited La Concha beach in San Sebastian, seen the water show of Montjuic, been inside the Mezquita in Cordoba, entered the Alcazar de Sevilla, seen the Guggenheim Museum of Bilbao and visited Pamplona, that’s without listing it all! The only things remaining on my Spain Experience Bucket List is to:
- Go inside The Alhambra.
- Go inside the Oceanographic Museum of Valencia.
- See the Santiago de Compostela Cathedral.
- Visit Safari Aitana.
- Road Trip around Galicia.
I love most things about Italy, having already covered Rome and Venice. But, there’s so many other beautiful spots and things to do in Italy that I would love to do. I definitely want to take a road trip around Italy. I feel like this would be the best way to see all of the different things. It’s such a great way to see so many sights. In Italy, I need to make sure I:
- Visit Cinque Terre.
- Road Trip around Italy.
- See the Leaning Tower of Pisa
- See the ruins of Pompeii.
- Enter the Florence Cathedral.
- See Lake Garda and Lake Como.
- Visit the Amalfi Coast.
- Go to Bari.
- Take a boat trip to Sicily.
Other interesting experiences
Some of the things just belong in an ‘other‘ purely because I could write for days and days about all of the wonderful experiences, which is kind of what I do, but let’s not get carried away and put it all in one post now, shall we. So, other interesting experiences on my bucket list are:
- Swim the largest pool in the world.
- Go on Safari in Zambia.
- Celebrate Dia de Muertos in Mexico.
- See the carnival in Brazil.
- Stay in a bungalow in Bora Bora.
- Visit the Burj Khalifa in Dubai.
- Visit Stonehenge.
- Go to the Notting Hill Market on Portobello Road.
- Watch the sunset in Santorini.
- Sail around the Galapagos.
- Visit Riga.
- Release baby turtles into the sea.
- Explore the Acropolis.
- See the Victoria Falls.
- Visit Hobbiton in New Zealand
- Ski in the Swiss Alps.
- Climb Machu Picchu.
- Go to the Opera House in Sydney.
- Feed a koala.
- Visit Surfer’s Paradise in Queensland.
- See the Berlin Wall.
- Eat Belgian Chocolate in Belgium.
- Take part in the Holi Festival.
- Ride in a Hot Air Balloon.
- Visit Poland.
- Visit Prague.
- Visit Vienna.
Bucket List Experiences I’ve Already Completed
I thought it’d be a good idea to list some of the most iconic bucket list experiences that I’ve done. Just because I’ve completed them, I didn’t think it was right to not mention them, just in case you want to note them down for your list! Some, ok most, have been pretty amazing.
- Have afternoon tea in London.
- See the Lady Pilar in Zaragoza.
- Visit 10 Downing Street, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace and the London Eye.
- See the pink waters of Torrevieja.
- Ride a cable car, go to Alcatraz and see the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco.
- Watch the fireworks at Walt Disney World.
- Visit Anne Franks’ House.
- Bathe in the Széchenyi Thermal Bath
- See a windmill in Holland.
- Ride a gondola in Venice.
- Walk around Villa Borghese Gardens in Rome.
- See the Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps and The Colosseum in Rome.
- Walk down Champs-Elysees, have macarons from Laduree, go to the top of the Eiffel Tower and Tour Montparnasse in Paris.
- Visit the John F Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
- Sunbathe at La Concha beach in San Sebastian.
- Walk the bull run path of Pamplona when it’s not the bull run.
- Climb La Sagrada Familia, helicopter tour and see La Boqueria, Park Guell and the Gothic Quarter in Barcelona.
- Enter the Alcazar of Seville.
- See the Mezquita of Cordoba.
- Enter the Sistine Chapel.
- See the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao.
- Have a drink in Plaza Mayor in Madrid, see the Royal Palace and tour the Bernabeu.
- Visit the Cotswolds.
- Visit Mermaid Quay in Cardiff.
- Ice Skate at the National History Museum in London.
- Shop on Oxford Street.
- Shop on Rodeo Drive.
- Visit the Roman Baths in Bath.
- Visit the Museums of Granada.
- See the Alcazar de Toledo.
- Visit Buda Castle.
I love exploring the world. Here’s to ticking them off, together. Do you write bucket lists? If so, what’s at the top of your bucket list?
Leave a Reply