“La adrenalina te hace perder la noción del tiempo”
Lounging around the pool on a sun lounger all day sounds like your kind of hell? Nothing worse than heading shopping? The beach is for water sports and not for sunbathing? Does this sound familiar to you? If so, sounds like you’re looking for The Adrenaline Seeker’s Guide to Benidorm.
Well, here I am to point you in the direction of where to chase the thrills on the Costa Blanca coastline.
Karting is a fantastic way to get the adrenaline pumping. Karting Benidorm or Karting Finestrat, which one will you choose? Do you want to race across the circuits giving Lewis Hamilton a run for his money? Embrace your inner Mario and drive some high-speed Karts. Rev up your engine, swerve, skid and fight your way to the finish line. Once you’ve earned your spot on the podium, you can bask in the glory.
- Karting Benidorm prices begin at 18€ for 8 minutes
- Karting Finestrat prices begin at 25€ for 10 minutes with free transport
Snorkelling amongst the fish is more your thrill? Get up close and personal with all of the marine life of Benidorm and take a dunk into the sea.
With Get My Boat you can embark on a fantastic trip heading to the Isla de Benidorm where you can have a refreshing swim and snorkel through the crystal blue waters.
- Departs from Club Nautico de Benidorm
- 40€ per person for 3 hours
Why not get the whole family together and have a fun-filled day at Terra Mitica? Where history comes to life. Discover the mysteries of Iberia, become a gladiator in ancient Rome, experience Egypt and Ancient Greece, there is something different at every turn.
With so many great rides and attractions, adrenaline pumping rollercoasters, carousels and fun live shows with costumed-characters there is something to keep all ages entertained.
For something a little more laid back, there are also some fantastic swans you can hire and relax around the boating lake on, at an additional charge.
- Open 10:30 until late
- Tickets start at €21 per person. You can view ticket prices and packages including combi-tickets here: https://tickets.terramiticapark.com
- Located on the Poniente side of Benidorm
- Accessible by the number 1 and number 3 bus, or via tram L1 from Benidorm-Luceros (first stop).
Aqualandia is the perfect waterpark for those thrill seekers amongst us. With bigger, faster and more thrilling than Aqua Natura, it’s definitely the chosen one for those who love to make a splash.
Aqualandia opened its door for the first time in 1985, and was the record-breaking biggest water park in Europe, up until the opening of Siam Park in Costa Adeje, Tenerife in September 2008. It was also Spain’s first water park!
- Open from 10:00-20:00 in summer
- Situated on the Levante side of Benidorm
- Tickets available here: https://tickets.aqualandia.net
Ever wondered what it’s like to fly like a bird? Or soar like a hot air balloon? Now is your chance. If you can run, you can fly! If you’d like to drift above the skyline, soar for a while and take a steady drop of approximately 400 metres, then don’t miss this opportunity!
- 80€ per person, insurance and instructor included
- Contact Marco Polo regarding activity locations, due to weather
- Flights everyday
Ever fancied yourself looking like the ultimate Baywatch Squad? Well, in Benidorm you can grab this opportunity with both hands and soar across the water, on your own, or with your partner. If you have a need for speed then this is the experience for you. Not only do you get outstanding views from a different point of view of Benidorm, but you’ll also visit hidden bays, forgotten beaches and see some spectacular sights!
- Available at Poniente and Levante Beach
- Must be able to swim unaided
- 80€ for 30 minutes or 150€ for an hour
This one is pretty new to me. This is a new craze that thrill seekers can’t get enough of. The Flying Fish. The Flying Fish is a new approach to the old beach favourite, the banana boat. The Fish is a flat, inflatable rectangle. With stabilising handholds and footrests, you’re towed by a speedboat, and pretty much holding on for dear life. The fish starts to soar above the water which gives the ultimate thrill. Will you be able to stay on or will you crash and burn into the refreshing Mediterranean Sea?
- Available at Poniente and Levante Beach
- You must be able to swim unaided
- 30€ per person for a 15-minute ride
One of the best experiences I ever did was flying in a helicopter over Barcelona. I can only imagine it’d be just as beautiful in Benidorm. There is a sudden surge of adrenaline when you get in that helicopter and feel yourself rising. The thrust, the engines, the excitement. The HeliPort is located less than 4km away from Benidorm and with Marco Polo, you can be soaring across the Benidorm beachline, or the mountainous views,
- 20 minutes per flight for up to 3 passengers
- Flight path consultation included
- Consult directly with Marco Polo regarding prices
There are plenty of thrill-seeking activities in Benidorm, this popular Costa Blanca beach resort has so much more than what meets the eye. So, chase the adrenaline rush and discover everything this beautiful city has to offer!
Leave a Reply